Lip Injections Vancouver BC
Learn More About our Vancouver Lip Injection Specialists
One of our most popular procedures, lip injections are a quick and easy way to create shape or add volume to thin, unshapely or aging lips. Many patients who’ve had this procedure will attest to how adding a little volume to their lips makes them look younger, prettier and improves the overall appearance of their face, while giving then a little boost in self-confidence. We have over 20 years experience with lip injections and use FDA approved dermal fillers that are specially designed for the lips. The product includes lidocaine to additionally numb the area so the treatment is more comfortable. Read on to find out more about what to expect from your lip injections.
Lip Injections with the Expert Injectors at 8 West Clinic
Experience with injectables matters. We’ve been performing injectables for over 20 years and have performed thousands of treatments. Our injections are performed by registered nurses or plastic surgeons with extensive experience. Schedule a complementary consultation today and find out more about what lip injections can do for you.
Do Lip Injections Hurt?
A little! However the vast majority of patients agree that the small degree of discomfort, which is over in a matter of minutes, is worth it. There are many things that the lip injection experts at 8 West Clinic do to make you more comfortable, including:
- Using dermal fillers that contain lidocaine (a local anesthetic) which numbs the area
- Topical anesthetic is applied before we get started
- Ice is used before and after the procedure
- Many patients have had multiple lip injection treatments without any anesthetic at all!
- We will discuss your preference with you during your consultation
What Areas Can Be Treated with Lip Injections?
The specific parts of your mouth that are injected will depend on your consultation and objectives. Typical areas include:
- The red (or vermillion): Placing dermal filler into this area plumps it up, making it either project forwards more or increasing the vertical height of the lip – your expert injector uses specific injection techniques to produce the desired effect.
- The lip margin (vermillion border): For patients whose lip border is poorly defined, placing filler along the edges of the lips looks really lovely.
- Cupid’s bow: Some patients love the look of a prominent cupid’s bow while others don’t – filler can be used to accentuate or de-accentuate a cupid’s bow.
- Lip augmentation for age 40+ patients: Once we reach age 40, we have lost volume in our faces, including the mouth and lip area. – lip augmentation for this patient will look the best if rejuvenation of the mouth area as a whole is considered. In this place, dermal filler will often be used to both create shape and add volume, while strategically placing filler into the areas beside and below the mouth that have shrunk due to volume loss. This will create a better structure for the mouth and lips and look natural and beautiful. Patients notice less shadowing and a slightly lifted appearance to the mouth area.
Which Lip Injection Products Are the Safest?
We carry several types of dermal fillers that are appropriate for the lips. We only select fillers that have a long history of success and high safety profile. They are temporary products that are made of hyaluronic acid, a substance that is naturally occurring in the body. Your consultation will include a discussion of what product is best for you.
How to Minimize Bruising From Lip Injections
Bruising is an expected outcome for some patients who have lip injections. There is no way to predict if you will bruise or not, and the best way to manage this is to avoid injections for 5 days before any important social event. We do everything we can to minimize the chances of bruising, and if you would like to minimize the chances of bruising, follow these simple guidelines:
- Avoid Aspirin (ASA) and Vitamin E supplements for 7 days before your treatment
- Avoid anti-inflamantory drugs such as ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin, Aleve, naproxen), for 3 days prior to your appointment. Tylenol (acetaminophen) is fine.
- Avoid herbal medications like gingko biloba for 3 days prior to your appointment.
- Avoid alcohol for 24 hours prior to your appointment.
- For 2 days before your treatment, eat foods that have bromelaine in them such as Kiwi and pineapple.
- Let us know if you are taking prescription blood thinners such as Warferin – injections may not be right for you.
- Avoid scheduling lip injections for 5 days before important social activities
- Book a Lip Injection Consultation Today
We would love to meet you and discuss your lip augmentation goals. Schedule a lip augmentation consultation with an experienced nurse injector today or call (604) 733-1669. Let’s get you one step closer to loving your skin!