Meet Dr. Thomas Buonassisi, Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
As one of Canada’s top cosmetic facial surgeons, Dr. Thomas Buonassisi leads the team at 8 West Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Clinic and carries extensive experience, having performed facial cosmetic surgery for over 20 years. Dr. Buonassisi has travelled the world to train with renowned experts in the field, working closely with top surgeons in the United States and Australia.
What makes Dr. Buonassisi one of the most respected and well-known facial cosmetic surgeons?
- Board Certification in Facial Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Thousands of Facial Cosmetic Surgeries Performed
- RealSelf Verified Surgeon
- Voted 2018, 2019, 2020 Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Vancouver
Being an expert in his field, Dr. Thomas Buonassisi has performed thousands of facial cosmetic procedures and has honed his surgical skills into an artform.
Benefits of Rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty surgery aims to help craft the shape of the nose to create a more proportioned or symmetrical look, and to form a more subtle balance to the face. People look for Rhinoplasty surgery for a number of reasons, and it’s important to be clear on what benefit you are looking for. Rhinoplasty surgery may be ideal for you if you wish to:
- Take down a large hump on the bridge
- Rotate or refine the nose tip
- Improve the height of the nose bridge
- Deproject the nose
- Improve a crooked nose
- Alter the nose to be in a better proportion to the rest of your face
- Feel more comfortable and confident
Free eBook: The Essential Guide to Rhinoplasty
Dr. Buonassisi and his team are passionate about patient education and have developed a massive resource collection to help you evaluate if nose job surgery might be right for you. The Essential Guide to Rhinoplasty is a must-read for anyone considering nasal surgery. The free downloadable eBook contains 40+ pages of thoughtfully written advice by Dr. Buonassisi. Topics covered include:
- Are Your Expectations Realistic?
- Tips for Getting a Great Result
- How to Ask the Right Questions
- What to Expect from Recovery
…and many more tips and additional resources!
Preservation rhinoplasty is a subtle, modern approach to modifying the aesthetic appearance of the nose. The primary goal of preservation rhinoplasty is to retain as much of the patient’s original bone and cartilage as possible while improving the general appearance of the nose. The technique is used exclusively for modifying the nasal bridge, while traditional techniques are still required for tip modifications. In the right patient, however, it is a phenomenal technique that can give excellent results. Preservation rhinoplasty is very complex and it’s just one of the tools that a skilled rhinoplasty surgeon will have in their tool kit.
Resizing the bump on the bridge of the nose is one of the most common reasons that people pursue Rhinoplasty. As the name suggests, this surgery works by reducing and resizing the dorsal hump of your nose, to soften and balance the nose.
This term refers to a collection of surgical techniques that target the tip of the nose. From tilting the tip up, to narrowing a larger tip; tip refinement is often combined with other Rhinoplasty procedures, such as hump reduction or correcting a crooked nose, for the most striking, natural-looking results.
Alar base reduction refers to reducing the width of the alar, or base, of the nose. It is often, but not always, combined with augmentation Rhinoplasty. A small incision is placed at the base of each nostril, and a wedge of tissue is excised so that the nose appears smaller and more narrow.
Another procedure that is often combined with other Rhinoplasty techniques, augmentation involves increasing the height of the bridge of the nose. Limitations do exist with what can be done and expectations are set very early on.
There are many reasons 8 West Clinic is constantly regarded as the best in Vancouver for rhinoplasty. Besides the superior level of surgical skill provided by Dr. Buonassisi, here are some other examples of benefits and perks that set our patient experience apart for those considering rhinoplasty.
- Comprehensive Approach: Rejuvenation is often holistic. We offer the full spectrum of both surgical and non-surgical treatments and specialists under one roof to be able to provide the best array of options and expertise to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients.
- Post-op Care: Patient care is just as important in the post-op period as it is before surgery. Each rhinoplasty patient is personally followed-up with at multiple points after their surgery, ensuring that communication is maintained throughout the healing process and beyond.
- Surgical IV Therapy Program: Dr. Buonassisi’s surgical patients gain exclusive access to our specially priced IV vitamin therapy packages to help prepare their bodies holistically for surgery and recovery.
- Loyalty Points: Every patient earns Loyalty Points after their procedure, which is redeemable towards non-surgical treatments at the clinic. Favourite skin rejuvenation services include treatments like microneedling, facials, Botox, lip injections, and more.
What’s Covered in Your Pre-Assessment Call
Step 1: Request Your Complimentary Pre-Assessment Session with the 8 West Clinic Team
A pre-assessment call is a complimentary service that we recommend to anyone considering rhinoplasty surgery. In your session with a patient care manager, they will conduct a photo review with yourself and Dr. Buonassisi on your behalf to confirm that you are a candidate for the procedure. They will also discuss the surgery cost, timeline, and process, as well as any other options that Dr. Buonassisi may suggest to achieve your desired results.
Step 2: Schedule Your Consultation with Dr. Buonassisi
Meet Dr. Buonassisi in person (or online if you are an out-of-town patient) for expectations setting and computer imaging. The surgical consultation is by far the most important part of the cosmetic surgery process because this is the communication tool that helps explain what can be achieved in surgery.
Dr. Buonassisi will share real patient Before and After photos to help illustrate what can be achieved with the particular surgery you are discussing. This is also your opportunity to ask him any questions.
“Computer imaging. This critical rhinoplasty tool is essential to show you what degrees of change are possible and what your results could look like. Using “before” photos of your face taken from different angles, I’ll be able to show you on a computer screen what your nose will very closely resemble after surgery.” – Dr. Buonassisi
Learn More with a Pre-Assessment Session
The decision to proceed with Rhinoplasty surgery should be made with the utmost level of care and attention. While it can be exciting to think about how you may look with a Rhinoplasty, it is important to be informed about both the risks and benefits of surgery.
A pre-assessment discussion is a complimentary service with our award-winning, knowledgeable and friendly patient care team, which we recommend to anyone considering any surgery. This service includes a review of your photos to help determine if rhinoplasty is right for you, plus a discussion of costs and possible surgery dates on top of any other questions you may have before you decide if you are ready to meet Dr. Thomas Buonassisi in person.
Request a Pre-Assessment Call
We’re excited to provide you with over 20 years of experience supporting patients in achieving their rhinoplasty goals. Tell us a little bit about yourself and we’ll introduce you to your dedicated Patient Care Manager. They’ll be working with you every step of the way with resources and support on your journey to looking and feeling like the best version of yourself.