What Will Happen Once I Schedule My Rhinoplasty Surgery?
Scheduling your surgery can be very exciting! You’ve probably been thinking about taking this step for some time and now you have decided to proceed. We look forward to working with you and doing our very best to make your experience a great one.
Surgery Booking Terminology
- “surgery reservation” – your surgery date is considered reserved when you have paid your deposit – find out how to do so by calling the office at (604) 733-1669
- “finalized surgery booking” – your surgery reservation becomes “finalized” when a few administrative items have been completed. These things need to be completed well in advance (at least 3 weeks usually) of your surgery date and our surgery manager will support closely to help along the way.
What Will Happen
Once your deposit has been paid, you will be contacted by our surgery manager who will provide you will all the things you need to finalize your procedure. She will explain things step by step and ensure all your questions are answered. She will provide:
- consent forms – please sign them and return them to our office at least 3 weeks before your surgery date
- final payment arrangements – the balance owing (minus your $500 deposit) is due at least 3 weeks before your surgery date
- lab tests – in some cases the surgery centre will request a hemoglobin test – if this is the case we will provide you with a lab requisition which you can take to any lab – please complete your lab tests at least 3 weeks before surgery
- pre and post operative instructions – a detailed package of information that explains what to do in the pre and post operative period to ensure a safe and comfortable recovery
- history and physical – questions about your health (allergies to medications, etc) that the surgery centre will refer to – please complete and return at least 3 weeks before your surgery
- prescriptions – you will be provided with prescriptions that can be filled a few days before your surgery
How can I schedule surgery?
- you can call our office at (604) 733-1669 and let us know you would like to book your surgery at which time a date will be finalized for you
Do You Have Questions About the Surgery Booking Process?
Still have questions? A patient care expert is here to answer them. Contact our office today and we will be happy to help. Please call (604) 733-1669.