Oh spring break…time by the pool. This is the time of year that the sun conscious crowd starts rejoices that summer is coming again while accepting that that those hours in the sun, while totally glorious, may have taken a toll on our skin: we see more brown spots, deepening fine lines and wrinkles, a crepe texture and a general lack lustre appearance.
But not all of us look so weather worn…we’ve all got friends who seem to have perfect, youthful, glowing skin despite their sun habits. You know the ones…they drink cocktails at the pool and still look radiant come November. Is it genetics? Are they lucky? Or maybe your friend is what we call a “skin strategist”. These are our very savvy skin patients who protect their skin carefully during the summer to minimize damage, and then spend the non sunny months investing in skin rejuvenation.
Skin rejuvenation season is here and November is the perfect time to start reversing sun damage: we’ve been out of the sun for 6 weeks (a pre-requisite for most laser skin treatments) and we won’t be seeing summer again for quite a few months. So, if you would like to become a “skin strategist”, you should consider these top treatments at Fiore Skin Clinic:
- Start off with a quality consultation to find out what is best for your skin. Why not have a complementary VISIA Skin Analysis. We take pictures of your skin with a special camera and then our amazing software analyses your skin on various characteristics including texture, wrinkles, brown spots and more. We can even tell you your true skin age, based on a comparison of your skin to thousands of other real people in your age group.
Visia Skin Analysis in Vancouver BC. The team at Fiore Skin Clinic specializes in surgical and non surgical skin rejuvenation.
- Only have time for a couple of days of redness? A Nano Laser Peel precisely removes the very outside layer of the skin, giving you a healthy glow and skin that reflects light better.
- BBL Photo Facials are quick, have no downtime at all, and effectively fade away sun spots while improving fine lines and overall skin density. The treatment takes a manner of minutes and can be performed on a lunch hour.
- If you can tolerate 5 – 7 days of redness, a Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser will dramatically improve skin, reducing brown spots, resurfacing fine lines and stimulating collagen production. It is called Halo for a reason, as the brightened complexion and “glow” are a trademark of this procedure. Skin strategists have 1 or 2 treatments to correct sun damage, then maintain their results with 1 treatment or so per year.
- Extra upper eyelid skin getting you down, making it hard for you to apply makeup and just generally making you look older than you are? One of the most popular cosmetic surgery procedures for women in their 40s and 50s is upper eyelid blepharoplasty. Dr Buonassisi carefully removes extra skin and fat, hiding the incision in the upper eyelid crease so it is nearly imperceptible once healed, making your eyes your best feature once again.
Dr. Buonassisi’s upper eyelid lift patient, before and after.
- Chemical peels are a great way to give the skin a quick pick me up, are totally customized to the unique needs of your skin, and have no downtime.
- Take your skin rejuvenation to the next level with deep laser resurfacing. This surgical grade resurfacing is performed by Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Buonassisi and has 1 – 2 weeks of downtime, but dramatically improves deep lines and wrinkles. These treatments are often done under the eyes at the same time as a blepharoplasty (eyelid lift) or around the mouth.
Contour TRL is a surgical grade laser resurfacing treatment performed by Facial Plastic Surgeon Dr. Thomas Buonassisi.
- Work on your skin at home, by investing in a medical grade skin care system. ZO by Dr. Obaji protects and corrects the signs of sun damage, with prescription levels of active ingredients that truly improve your skin.
What are you waiting for? If you would like to become a skin strategist, get started today with a complementary VISIA skin analysis consultation. Call 604 259 6368 or schedule a consultation. Let’s get you one step closer to loving your skin!