Meet Dr. Thomas Buonassisi, Board Certified Facial Plastic Surgeon
As one of Canada’s top cosmetic facial surgeons, Dr. Thomas Buonassisi leads the team at 8 West Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Clinic and carries extensive experience, having performed facial cosmetic surgery for over 20 years. Dr. Buonassisi has travelled the world to train with renowned experts in the field, working closely with top surgeons in the United States and Australia.
What makes Dr. Buonassisi one of the most respected and well-known facial cosmetic surgeons?
- Board Certification in Facial Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Over 20 Years Experience
- Thousands of Facial Cosmetic Surgeries Performed
- RealSelf Verified Surgeon
- Voted 2018, 2019, 2020 Best Cosmetic Surgeon in Vancouver
Being an expert in his field, Dr. Thomas Buonassisi has performed thousands of facial cosmetic procedures and has honed his surgical skills into an artform.
Benefits of a Facelift
A Facelift is a long-term investment in how you look and feel, and depends on a number of factors to determine if this is the ideal way forward. If you desire longer-lasting facial rejuvenation results, and are finding that fillers or lasers aren’t giving you the same natural results you used to see, you may be ready for a more extensive procedure that offers the following results:
- Lift skin of the mid and lower face
- Refreshes the look of your face and provides a youthful appearance
- Diminish creases around the mouth and nose (also called naso labial folds and marionette lines)
- Lift skin and pockets of fat along the jowl and chin area
- Reduce neck laxity
Also called the S Lift, or Mini Lift, this is a less invasive type of procedure that also has less downtime. It’s often a great option for patients who are experiencing mild-moderate signs of aging and want minor facial rejuvenation. Mini Lifts are ideal for those who are starting to see a loss in lower face laxity, such as jowling or a softened jawline. The Mini Lift doesn’t address the upper face, so many patients choose eye and brow treatments in addition to this surgery.
For the right patient, a Mini Lift is a fantastic choice to keep a natural and rejuvenated look, when you feel that the signs of aging are creeping in.
This is a type of SMAS facelift that utilizes a short incision. This incision is placed just at the temporal hairline and just in front of the upper ear and is difficult to notice once healed. The West Coast Ponytail Facelift is ideal for patients who are starting to see early signs of aging in the upper and mid face. A West Coast Ponytail Facelift doesn’t alter the appearance of the lower face, jawline, or neck, so patients who want to address those areas will want to consider the Comprehensive Deep Plane Facelift as an excellent alternative that will produce more substantial results.
A highly complex facial surgery that requires an immense level of skill and experience to perform. Dr. Thomas Buonassisi is a member of an exclusive group of North America’s plastic surgeons who can perform the Deep Plane Facelift. We’ve added the word “Comprehensive” because this type of facelift is the ultimate in facial rejuvenation surgeries. The Comprehensive Deep Plane Facelift yields significant results that benefit the volume of the face, not just the skin. Rather than just pulling, Dr. Buonassisi expertly elevates and repositions a patient’s facial structure for a highly-customized outcome.
The Comprehensive Deep Plane Facelift is an excellent option for more mature patients, or those who are seeing more acute signs of aging and skin laxity. This will leave you with a completely natural appearance, almost as if the clock has been turned back.
Why Choose 8 West Clinic for Your Facelift?
There are many reasons 8 West Clinic is constantly regarded as one of the best places in Vancouver for a facelift. Besides the superior level of surgical skill provided by Dr. Buonassisi, here are some other examples of benefits and perks that set our patient experience apart for those considering facelift surgery.
- Comprehensive Approach: Rejuvenation is often holistic. We offer the full spectrum of both surgical and non-surgical treatments and specialists under one roof to be able to provide the best array of options and expertise to achieve the best possible outcomes for patients.
- Post-op Care: Patient care is just as important in the post-op period as it is before surgery. Each facelift patient is personally followed-up with at multiple points after their surgery, ensuring that communication is maintained throughout the healing process and beyond.
- Complimentary Post-op Lymphatic Drainage Massage: Dr. Buonassisi’s facelift patients are exclusively eligible for complimentary facial lymphatic drainage sessions after surgery, performed by one of our skilled medical aestheticians to support and expedite the healing process.
- Surgical Scar Management Program: Dr. Buonassisi’s surgical patients gain exclusive access to our specially priced scar management treatments for those who would like to have this option available to them.
- Surgical IV Therapy Program: Dr. Buonassisi’s surgical patients gain exclusive access to our specially priced IV vitamin therapy packages to help prepare their bodies holistically for surgery and recovery.
- Loyalty Points: Every patient earns Loyalty Points after their procedure, which is redeemable towards non-surgical treatments at the clinic. Favourite facial rejuvenation services include treatments like laser resurfacing, RF skin tightening, Botox, and dermal fillers.
What’s Covered In Your Pre-Consultation
Step 1: Request Your Complimentary Pre-Consultation Session with the 8 West Clinic Team
A pre-consultation session is a complimentary service that we recommend to anyone considering Facelift surgery. In your pre-consultation with a patient care manager, they will conduct a photo review with yourself and Dr. Buonassisi on your behalf to confirm that you are a candidate for the procedure. They will also discuss the surgery cost, timeline, and process, as well as any other options that Dr. Buonassisi may suggest to achieve your desired results.
Step 2: Schedule Your Consultation with Dr. Buonassisi
Meet Dr. Buonassisi in person (or online if you are an out-of-town patient) for expectations setting. The surgical consultation is by far the most important part of the cosmetic surgery process because this is the communication tool that helps explain what can be achieved in surgery.
You may ask Dr. Buonassisi to share real patient Before and After photos to help illustrate what can be achieved with the particular surgery you are discussing. This is also your opportunity to ask him any questions.
Step 3: Schedule Your Surgery and Receive Ongoing Care in Follow Up Visits
Our team of medical professionals and patient care managers are here to make your experience a smooth, informative and positive one. We manage all the details of your surgery and schedule a series of follow-up appointments to ensure you are healing well and are happy with your results! We are here to help answer all your questions about recovery.
Learn More with a Pre-Consultation
The decision to proceed with Facelift surgery should be made with the utmost level of care and attention. While it can be exciting to think about how you may look with a Facelift, it is important to be informed about both the risks and benefits of surgery.
A pre-consultation discussion is a complimentary service with our award-winning, knowledgeable and friendly patient care team, which we recommend to anyone considering any surgery. This service includes a review of your photos to help determine if a Facelift is right for you, plus a discussion of costs and possible surgery dates on top of any other questions you may have before you decide if you are ready to meet Dr. Thomas Buonassisi in person.