Meet the 8 West team
8 West Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Clinic is proud to be the home of facial and skin rejuvenation professionals who are at the top of their field, which includes our highly qualified medical aestheticians and aesthetic nurses.
Equally as important as their skills and experience, our team also develops long-term relationships with their patients. This is so we can have a comprehensive understanding of your skin, its conditions, and its evolution through treatment. This allows us to tailor your treatment plan to best achieve your individual aesthetic goals.
Our medical aestheticians and registered nurse injectors offer a comprehensive and complimentary consultation to discuss your desired results, and provide quotes on your treatment plan.
Why we love HydraFacial™
The HydraFacial™ offers deep cleansing, extraction, exfoliation, antioxidant-boosting, and rehydration of the skin that isn’t achievable at home, and when performed regularly, keeps your skin clear, healthy, bright, and glowing.
Often recommended as a complementary service to more targeted treatments like laser resurfacing, the HydraFacial™ also stands alone as a great low-impact, zero downtime option that reveals instant glowing skin after only one treatment. We often call the HydraFacial™ a skin maintenance treatment, to be performed as often as every two weeks (when treating specific skin concerns), as this keeps the epidermis (the uppermost layer of the skin) clean, healthy, and free from congestion.
The HydraFacial™ works to improve:
- Uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage
- Enlarged pores, congested pores, acne or oily-prone skin
- Fine lines, and dry or dehydrated skin
This 30-minute treatment includes a cleansing, exfoliation, and rehydration of the skin. If you’re a busy person on the go looking for a quick yet effective rejuvenation, the Economy HydraFacial will give you all your essentials in one quick lunchtime treatment.
This 60-minute treatment includes a cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, antioxidant boost, and rehydration of the skin—great for somebody who has more targeted concerns and is looking for a next-level result.
This 80-minute treatment is the all-in-one First Class experience where we pull out all the stops! It includes all of the above, plus a relaxing massage along with a take-home treatment to continue the glow at home. Live a life of luxury with this HydraFacial, or make it the ultimate gift for a loved one.
How the HydraFacial works
Your HydraFacial provides fresher, clearer, glowing skin by combining 3 treatments in 1:
- The exfoliation and skin resurfacing process of microdermabrasion
- The renewed skin of a chemical peel
- Extractions and hydration similar to a deep-cleansing skin facial treatment
The HydraFacial treatment works to improve the skin by using a combination of cleansing, exfoliation, extraction, and rehydration to then utilize the HydraFacial’s patented approach of infusing antioxidant and hydrating serums into the skin. This ultimately helps to diminish the appearance of fine lines, dullness, dehydration, uneven skin tone, and oily skin.
The Features of the HydraFacial Treatment:
- Vortex™ Exfoliation – Exfoliating the skin is essential in maintaining its health. The HydraFacial’s innovative tip utilizes its multiple edges to gently yet thoroughly exfoliate the skin to achieve better skin resurfacing minus the irritation, discomfort, and redness.
- Vortex™ Extraction – The “vortex” suction head works to address surface congestion by drawing out the impurities. This process easily removes and eliminates blackheads, sebum, and built-up dead skin cells for painless and instantaneous extractions.
- Vortex™ Peel – The unique HydraFacial three-option peel process works to effectively break down and rejuvenate sun damaged, tired, and congested-looking skin. This is done using a nutrient-rich Glycolic Acid blend that deeply penetrates the pores to dissolve away impurities while also working to plump up the surface of the skin.
- Antioxidant Vortex™ Fusion – The specialized antioxidant treatment step uses a customized approach with vitamin-enriched serums that are filled with targeted, anti-aging ingredients which are infused into the skin for a boosted result. The serums help to plump and hydrate the skin while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and improving uneven skin tone. Specific growth factors work to heal the skin, reduce sensitivity and redness, and target signs of aging.
- LED Therapy – Also called Low Level Light Therapy or Red Light Therapy, HydraFacial has partnered with LightStim LED to deliver even better results than before. The LED panel emits a unique combination of distinctly coloured LED lights customized for anti-aging, acne, and more, with the additional results of reduced redness, healing, skin rejuvenation, and optimal skin function.
What to Expect
The HydraFacial is an enjoyable but result-driven treatment. You will spend the treatment feeling pampered while your medical aesthetician cleanses, exfoliates, hydrates and works the HydraFacial™ magic on the treatment area. The treatment is painlessly satisfying as you feel the gentle sensation of the handpiece’s vacuum suction clearing away dirt, oil, dead skin cells, and other impurities as it is passed along the surface of your face. Your skin may feel a bit tingly and sensitive from time to time during the treatment, but these impactful active ingredients will be sure to boost your glowing results over the long term.
Once complete, you will immediately feel rejuvenated; your skin will have an instant, recognizable glow, and you can return to your day with no downtime—just brighter, healthier, glowing skin!
Keep in mind that you may experience some flaking, peeling, or dryness a few days post-treatment depending on your tolerance and reactivity to chemical exfoliants. Always consult with your skin specialist before booking this treatment before any important occasions to ensure the perfect timeline—and maximized result.
If you are looking for more relaxing, no-downtime facial treatments that leave your skin clean, glowing, and feeling fresh, our Biologique Recherche Facials or Medical-Grade Chemical Peels address a range of skin conditions and can be highly customized to your skin. To treat more targeted cases of certain conditions, such as acne, hyperpigmentation, and sun damage, BBL Forever Young and BBL Forever Clear are great complementary treatments.
For other treatments beyond cleaning and maintaining your skin with regular HydraFacials, we offer a number of skin and injectable treatments for a number of skin concerns and conditions, including Wrinkle Relaxing Treatments, Dermal Fillers and laser resurfacing such as Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser. We offer free consultations with our medical aesthetics specialists who can suggest a range of treatments to reach your skin goals.
Learn more with a consultation
8 West Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Clinic offers complimentary consultations with all of our medical aesthetics treatment providers. During this consultation is when you can discuss your concerns, your aesthetic goals, and pricing. By the end of your appointment, you will have a custom treatment plan designed just for you, and you may even book additional time for optional treatment if you decide you would like this the same day.
If you have any questions, or would like to schedule a consultation or appointment, please call the clinic on (604) 670-3971 or complete this online form to receive a call back from one of our friendly patient care managers.