Non Surgical Facelift Vancouver
Getting the Best Results From Your Non Surgical Facelift in Vancouver
A non surgical facelift is a quick and wonderful way to take 3 – 5 years off your face using a combination of Botox or Dysport and fillers. As we age, our faces begin to lose volume and this makes us look older. Dermal fillers are used to add volume to areas of the face such as cheeks, lips, jawline & temples to make our features look more like they did when we were younger. Botox or Dysport smooth out dynamic wrinkles around the eyes, between the eyebrows and in the forehead.
What Can A Non Surgical Facelift Do?
The term “non surgical facelift” is widely used but is actually a misnomer. It is not possible to achieve facelift-like results without having surgery. However, patients who are accepting of the limitations of a non-surgical facelift are typically very happy with their results.
A non-surgical facelift is usually a combination of non-surgical treatments:
- Botox or Dysport: tiny injections of a muscle relaxant medication around the eyes and in the forehead to smooth out dynamic wrinkles (the ones that form around the eyes when we smile, between the eyes when we frown, and in the forehead when we raise our eyebrows)
- Dermal Fillers: tiny injections of fillers to add volume to the mid face, lips, jawline or anywhere that could use a little “lift” – as we age we lose volume in our faces and this is one of the earliest contributors to changes that makes us look less youthful than before
Advantages and Benefits
- A quicker recovery time than surgery – patients can return to normal activities immediately after the treatment, however there is the possibility of bruising which can last 3 – 7 days (patients are advised not to schedule any important events for 1 week after this procedure)
- Immediate results – neurotoxins take 4 – 7 days to start working, however the effects of the dermal injections are immediate
- In the right hands, natural looking results: the results of dermal injections are certainly injector dependent and in the hands of an expert, the results look wonderful and natural
- A little “lift” – most patients describe that even a small amount of filler gives them a physical and emotional lift – slightly augmented lips and cheeks, for example, can make the patient look a couple of years younger and restore a happier, more pleasant appearance
- Injections can be placed in many areas of the face depending on where volume is needed – it advantageous to be assessed by a facial rejuvenation expert who has in depth surgical knowledge of the face so that good decision can be made about where to place the product
- appropriate for people of all ages including those in their 20s and 30s who are not quite ready for a surgical facelift
So long as the patient is not expecting the same results as a surgical facelift, there are few disadvantages and they include:
- Possibility of bruising and swelling which can last up to a 1 week
- Can’t correct sagging skin: volume is added – which looks lovely in the lips and cheeks and other area of the face – but unlike a surgical facelift
- Aged/drooping features are not lifted (so the reversal of aging effect is not nearly as great as with a facelift) and
- Extra skin can not be removed – often the feature that ages a person’s face the most is loose skin which accumulated above the eyelid or at the jawline/neck – fillers can not tighten or remove loose skin
How Much Product is Required?
This depends on your age, how much volume you have lost, what your bone structure is like to begin with and what areas are treated. Here are some guidelines:
- 20s: 1 – 3 syringes
- 30s: 2 – 4 syringes
- 40s: 3 – 5 syringes
- 50s: 4 – 6 syringes
- 60s +: 5 – 7 syringes
A typical Botox treatment is 20 – 70 units depending on what areas are treated.
Return to normal activities immediately, but don’t plan any important events within 1 week of your treatment in case you experience swelling or bruising which is usually mild to moderate and can be covered with makeup.