Dr. Buonassisi is a superbly trained and highly experienced facial cosmetic surgeon. He focuses his entire practice on plastic surgery of the nose, eyes, face and neck. Following medical school at the University of British Columbia, Dr. Buonassisi completed a five-year surgical residency in Otolaryngology – Head and Neck Surgery.
After his residency, Dr. Buonassisi completed a fellowship in Facial Plastic & Reconstructive surgery in Sydney and Perth Australia. He traveled internationally to train with renowned experts in the field, working closely with top surgeons in the United States and Australia.
Dr. Buonassisi then went on to complete certification by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ABFPRS). The ABFPRS is the only medical board in North America that certifies physicians exclusively in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery of the face and neck. Board Certification by the ABFPRS is viewed as the premier credential in Facial Plastic Surgery. The certification process is rigorous and requires surgeons to have extensive training and experience in facial plastic surgery.
Informed patients are happy patients. Dr. Buonassisi and his team of patient care experts work hard to create education materials that are designed to inform and support. We have created many educational videos about each of the procedures that we offer. We encourage you to spend some time learning about the procedure you are considering, and to contact our office with your questions. We are here to help.
- American Board of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- American Board of Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery
- Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- American Academy of Facial Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- The Society of Specialists of British Columbia
- Fellowship: Facial Plastic Surgery with the Australian Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Residency: Otolaryngology – Head & Neck Surgery at the University of British Columbia; Vancouver, BC
- MD, University of British Columbia School of Medicine; UBC, Vancouver, BC
- Head of the department of Otolaryngology, Lions Gate Hospital
- Staff surgeon, Lion’s Gate Hospital – providing emergency care for patients with head & neck emergencies
- Clinical Instructor, University of British Columbia