Spring Skin: Here’s How to Prepare Your Skin for Spring
The spring season is right around the corner, which means it’s time for us to get our skin health and skincare regime in order for the sunnier, more humid season. Wondering what changes you need to make? Here’s how to prepare your skin for spring from our team of skin specialists at 8 West Cosmetic.
Skin Resurfacing Treatments to Prepare Your Skin for Spring
Right before spring and before the stronger sun rays come out is the perfect time to have skin resurfacing treatments that will help to prepare your skin for the next season. The following treatments can do wonders for addressing the untreated sun damage from last summer and boosting your glow for spring.
- Broad Band Light, BBL: A Broad Band Light, or BBL, treatment is a wonderful, zero-downtime laser treatment that is tuneable to your skin, and does more than just resurface the exterior. While bringing you smaller pores, more even skin tone, and an improved skin texture, BBL also reaches the lower layers of the skin to erase sun damage and boost your collagen production.
- Halo Hybrid Fractional Laser: With more significant results, the Halo Hybrid combines two laser – fractionated and ablative – in one to address even very difficult skin concerns like scarring, aging, wrinkles, and acne. With a little more downtime of up to 5 days, your Halo treatment can be tuned to your specific needs if you want the wowing results for spring without so much downtime.
- Microdermabrasion: Another option which doesn’t involve the use of a laser or require any downtime is microdermabrasion, which gives you the perfect skin “clean up” for spring. This will help with skin tone, texture, and black heads, and leave you looking more glowing. The microdermabrasion at 8 West Cosmetic is a non-crystal machine, which is safer and more comfortable.
Prepare for Spring with SPF Products
Opt for a physical blocker this spring as opposed to a chemical sunscreen, and experience the benefits that are appropriate for sensitive or oily skin and don’t require the lag time for efficacy. Particular physical sunscreen products we love and recommend include:
- Jane Iredale Mineral Makeup: Jane Iredale mineral makeup is healthier for the skin and acts as a physical sunblock, keeping harmful UV rays from damaging your skin.
- SPF Matte Moisturizer by Image Skincare: An easy way to add daily SPF to your routine is with an SPF matte moisturizer that also creates the perfect base for your makeup. We recommend Image Skincare, which also delivers antioxidants for greater skin health.
- Physical Zinc Sunscreen from ZO Skin Health: If you are highly active, be sure to get a sunscreen that can keep up with you this spring. ZO Skin Health sunscreen has zinc for a physical blocker.
Start Exfoliating Your Skin Now
In addition to the above recommendations, you’ll also want to start exfoliating your skin regularly if you haven’t already. During the winter, it’s very likely that the outermost layer of your skin became thick and dry. This may mean that your spring/summer skincare products will have a difficult time penetrating into the lower layers of the skin where they really need to get to be effective. Breakdown your thick layer of dead skin with a mechanical exfoliator or medical-grade scrub.
Getting your skin ready for spring and want some tailored advice? Book a complimentary consultation with our skin specialist at 8 West Cosmetic, and discover your perfect skincare plan today.