What Should I Wear to the Surgery Centre on Rhinoplasty Day?
It is best to dress casually and comfortably on surgery day in clothes/shoes that will be easy to put on when you leave the surgery centre and remove when you get home. When you arrive at the surgery centre you will be given a small locker to place your belongings and provided with a surgical gown to change into. You will put the clothes you came in back on before you head home.
We suggest this for your surgery centre outfit:
- top: something comfortable that fastens in the front and does not need to be pulled over your head – think buttons or zippers
- bottoms: something comfortable
- shoes: a pair of slip on shoes so you don’t have to bend over after surgery to put them on
- head: if you would like to disguise yourself as you leave the surgery centre, consider a scarf that you can wrap around your head and neck – just remember to avoid placing sunglasses or other frames on your nose
- a light sweater or jacket: in case you get cold on the ride home
- in general: choose something that isn’t delicate – you will leave the surgery centre with gauze under your nose to catch any small droplets of blood – most patients will experience just really light dripping or seeping and don’t need to worry about their clothes – but just to be safe, choose something that is easy to wash
- bag: a small handbag to place your personal items – keeping in mind that the locker you will be provided is typical dimensions (tall but not very wide)
CONTACT 8 WEST CLINIC TODAY!