The Do’s and Dont’s Before Breast Augementation
So, you’re having breast augmentation surgery. You’ve had your consultations and you are now awaiting your big appointment date. We want to make sure you have all of the information at hand before you go into your surgery to ensure for the best success and results, so be sure to read on. Here are the do’s and don’ts before breast augmentation from the specialists at 8 West Cosmetic Surgery.
The Do’s Before Breast Augmentation
- Get plenty of rest. You may find getting rest is more difficult after your surgery because of the discomfort, so be sure to get plenty of rest before your surgery. The better rested you are, the better prepared your body and mind are and the easier the process!
- Get your home prepared. You’ll need someone to help take care of you during the first few days of your recovery, and it will help to prepare your home adequately. Ensure you have fresh bed sheets, a fridge full of food, and adequate reading/entertainment material.
- Pack lightly. Just pack the necessities with you for your day of surgery; the less you pack, the less that needs to follow you through the process of your surgery and the less you’ll have to carry home. Talk to your doctor about the absolute necessities.
- Arrive au natural. Simply brush your teeth (rinse and spit, don’t swallow!) and arrive at the surgery centre. Leave the moisturizers, deodorants, and perfumes behind.
- Wear 100% cotton underwear. If you prefer to wear your own underwear during surgery, ensure it is made of 100% cotton.
The Dont’s Before Breast Augmentation
- Take over-the-counter medications. Before your surgery, it’s better to assume that all over-the-counter medications are unsafe, opposed to the latter. Particularly when it comes to aspirin and certain anti-inflammatory drugs as they can increase bleeding and lead to complications.
- Drink alcohol. Alcohol, as you may know, is a blood-thinner and may make your recovery slower, so be sure not to drink any alcohol the day before your surgery. The night prior to your surgery, you should only drink water and never within the fasting periods.
- Smoke cigarettes.
- Use recreational drugs. If you use recreational drugs like marijuana, this may seem like no big deal, but can also complicate things during surgery. Be sure your doctor knows of these habits, and ensure you stop using recreational drugs 2 weeks prior to surgery.
- Take herbal medications. Even herbal medications should be avoided in the 2 weeks prior to breast augmentation, as certain herbal remedies like St. John’s Wart, may interact with the medications you are required to take during your recovery.
Ready to talk about breast augmentation or have some questions about your upcoming surgery? Click here to ask us questions or book your complimentary consultation at 8 West Cosmetic Surgery.