Dermal Fillers: Why to Opt for Temporary over Long Lasting Fillers
Long Lasting fillers may be the more cost-effective option when viewed over the course of time, but what are the downfalls of going this route? Today we are discussing temporary versus long lasting dermal fillers with our cosmetic surgery team, including our nurse injector, to let you know why you should opt for temporary over long lasting dermal fillers.
The Risks of Long Lasting Fillers
There are three common long lasting fillers on the market, including silicone, Bellafill, and the use of the patient’s own fat transfer from another part of the body. While each can provide a different aesthetic or benefit, each involve the same risks which include:
- The result may not be what you expect. Often it takes time to fully decide on how much filler you prefer in your lips, for example, but with long lasting fillers, you have to make the choice before visually being able to decide what you like best on you.
- Cosmetic trends change over time. Just like anything else, cosmetic trends tend to change with time, which can lead to you changing your mind on what cosmetic aesthetics you prefer for yourself.
- The skill of the injector is critical. Because the results are long lasting, the skills and performance of the injector are much more critical, and there’s much less room for error.
Why Opt for Temporary Fillers
The most commonly used facial fillers are temporary, including brand names like Juvederm, Restylane, and Sculptra, and require repeated treatments over time. In addition, Hyaluronic Acid fillers – like Restylane – are not only temporary but reversible, allowing the patient full control over the results of the injection.
Common benefits amongst all temporary dermal fillers include:
- Work towards your perfect result. With results that are correctable, it’s possible to achieve the absolutely perfect result you are looking for with a temporary filler. Once the desired result is achieved, your injector can simply repeat the steps as the fillers wear off.
- Safety. Temporary fillers are safe, and being naturally metabolized by the body over time, there’s no worry of long-term problems arising.
- Allows you to change your mind. Perhaps the greatest benefit of opting for temporary fillers is that you can change your mind about the amount you prefer, and where, with time. As you age, for example, you may decide you want to address facial volume loss in the cheek area and allow your lips to take their natural shape and size.
With all of the information at your fingertips, we hope that you will be able to make the best decision for you when it comes to dermal fillers. Interested in speaking with us directly? Book your complimentary consultation and get tailored advice for your perfect dermal fillers.
SMAS Facelift Surgery: A Real Patient Video Documentary Part 1